Saturday, October 8, 2011

Waiting Like a Puppy in San Francisco

So I've been out in San Francisco for two days doing bachelor party stuff for my lifelong friend B who is getting married this weekend. C had to stay and work in Boston Thursday and Friday, but this morning he drove alone to Logan and is now four hours into the six hour flight to San Francisco.


I keep refreshing the little flight tracker website. Where is he now? Is he here? Is he here? Can I go to the airport and pick him up yet? :-) I'm so excited to see him. I feel just like a little puppy waiting next to the front door, wagging my tail excitedly in anticipation of C coming home :-)

I always am excited to see C after we've been apart a few days, but the last two days have been so marriage-centric that I am missing him more. I love romance. I love seeing people in relationships. It's so much fun to see my lifelong friend B laughing and dancing with his bride-to-be, D.

But seeing all this, and having all these conversations about marriage and weddings and honeymoons and making a life together have just made me miss C more and more and more. I can't wait to pick him up at the airport in just a few hours. I can't wait to laugh and drink with him and B's friends and family tonight.

I can't wait to slow-dance with him. :-)

I was working out in the gym at the hotel this morning and an oddball song I bought on iTunes recently came on. It's a cover of a Brittney Spears song, so I've always regarded it as a bit silly. But I got it because it's covered by a guy (somehow I can always emote more to a song sung by a guy--go figure) and it's performed more as a downtempo ballad than a bubblegum pop hit.

This morning I started grooving to the song for the first time and thinking about being reunited with C today. I almost cried. The song reminds me of the wonderful, mysterious, indescribable spirituality of loving another person.


If I said my heart was beating loud, if we could escape the crowd somehow, if I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me? You feel like paradise...

2 comments:

D.J. Free! said...

This post was beautiful until I got to the part that reminded me of Britney Spears. I will never forgive you for that.

Amanda said...

I'm with D... Britney? wow. Love you guys. and Love your Love. but wow.