Monday, November 9, 2009

"That's it man, finger his hole!"

I think I need to start a habit of blogging ever stupid thing that people yell at me and my husband in public. The phrase in the title of this post was yelled at us Friday night in Champaign, Illinois as we walked from the car to C's apartment, each of us with an arm around the other.

Other jewels we've had shouted at us:
  • "You're gay! Hey! You're GAY!"

  • "Keep that shit behind closed doors, fucking faggots!"

  • "FAGGOTS!"

  • "Oh my god! Did you see them? They were holding hands!"

  • "[unintelligible] ...sodom... [unintelligible]"
I remember the first couple of times we were yelled at, I felt kinda scared and concerned. Not any more. Now we just laugh. On one occasion (the "Gay! Hey! You're GAY!" occasion), we've responded (C turned to the yeller and calmly responded "yes. yes we are"). But the one from Friday night was so over-the-top hyperbolic that we kept mentioning it to the other throughout the weekend and busted up laughing each time. Hee hee :-)

3 comments:

Ameriqueer said...

Its certainly MY favorite. It doesn't even seem like it was trying to be intimidating. It sounds vaguely supportive!

Jarred said...

You're gay! Hey! You're GAY!

Wow, honey, did you puzzle that out all by yourself? You must be the next Stephen Hawking.

Oh my god! Did you see them? They were holding hands!

Good heavens! What's this world coming to? Next thing you know, we'll be sending each other flowers or some such perversion. Think of the good old days when such perversions were only flaunted by those awful hets!

Pomoprophet said...

lol... here I thought you were becoming a bit voyeuristic!

Ugh... it really bothers me when people yell things. You've got a much better mindset about it. Hence why I carry mace with me when my BF and I are going to show affection in public.

It just boggles my mind that people are willing to shout hurtful things at other human beings whom they don't even know!