Thursday, May 21, 2009

Huh!? Wha!? Illinois "absolutely expected" to pass civil unions NEXT WEEK!?

So I knew a bill that, if passed, would legalize civil unions in Illinois had made it through committee this spring. But I was caught completely off guard by this article in today's Washington Blade stating expectations that the bill will pass the legislature next week.

Huh? Wha? Wow! That came out of nowhere!

I'll confess I feel a little jaded and cynical about this though. Similar bills have surfaced in our legislature the past three years, but have never come to the floor for a vote. Sounds like this one may, though. We'll see.

If it did pass--oh my goodness! C and I would be legal at home and not just when we're on vacation visiting his family in Iowa or friends in D.C.!

So here's hoping :-)

hat tip: Joe.My.God.

1 comment:

Intrepid Wanderer said...

I can just see Gandalf running from state to state saying, "I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide."