Wednesday, April 15, 2009

30 Days with the Gays

This past weekend my husband and I found ourselves riveted to the laptop screen as we watched the following two episodes of 30 Days on Hulu. For the uninitiated, 30 Days pairs individuals or groups of people with opposing views on a particular issue--gun control, for example--for a month at a time and watches to see how, if at all, exposure to the opposing point of view mellows the people involved.

The following two episodes pair people with opposing views on gay America in general and the adoption of children by gay couples in particular. Truly fascinating. I dare you to watch just the first 5 minutes of one of the videos and see if you can pull yourself away ;-)

Season 1 Episode 4: Straight Man in a Gay World

An evangelical national guardsman from rural Michigan moves in for a month with a single gay guy in his apartment in San Francisco's Castro district.



Season 3 Episode 4: Same Sex Parenting


A Mormon mother who strongly opposes gay adoption moves in for a month with a gay couple and their 4 adopted boys.



hat tip: our friend Selly

2 comments:

Newscrazy said...

I know that guy!

Jarred said...

I hope you don't mind if I plug an old blog post of mine, but I wrote a review of that first episode when it first aired.