Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Letter from Santa...

I just returned to my apartment in Peoria after a wonderful weekend in Champaign with my husband and discovered a thick envelope in my mailbox from Santa. That's Annesa Santa, a doctoral student in the department of psychology at the University of Montana. Ms. Santa is conducting a study on the experiences of ex-ex-gay individuals--people like me who once participated in ex-gay programs and who now identify as gay or lesbian.

I've open the envelope and flipped through the extensive questionnaire it contains; looks rather thorough. I'm planning to set aside a decent chunk of time one evening this week that I can devote to completing it.

Do you, gentle reader, happen to be an ex-ex-gay individual? If so, please send an email to Ms. Santa and inquire about participating in the study. The survey results are anonymous and participants will receive $15 compensation for their time completing the questionnaire. Do you happen to know any ex-ex-gay people? Please let them know about this. The more participants, the more data, and the stronger the conclusions that can be drawn and reported in the peer-reviewed literature.

If you would like more information on the study, you can also contact Professor Bryan N. Cochran, who is the principle investigator for the study.

4 comments:

Pomoprophet said...

I too had a strange envelope from Santa this weekend! And it takes quite a bit of time to complete! Alot of the answers i didn't know for sure so i had to make my best guess. And some of it was confusing seeing as how half of the time I was in an exgay ministry as opposed to therapy. None the less, i'm excited this issue is being researched! Thanks for spreading the news. Hopefully it gets lots of responses for a better sample.

With your $15 you should take the mister out for a hot night!

Newscrazy said...

I love y'all double-exes! That is great news to hear, I'd love to read the outcome of the study.

Breten said...

I still haven't got my envelope yet. I am very interested to read the study. I am interested in the study sample though. How will recruiting x-xg's provide a good sample?

Wouldn't that like studying whether Christianity is harmful by only studying people who had left the church?

D.J. Free! said...

I'm completing Santa's letter right now!! :D