Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sweet: Hundreds Turn Out Against Phelps at Protest

14 members of Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church (including several young children--so sad) picketed a high school in Prairie Village, KS, a suburb of Kansas City. They were met by an enormous crowd of counter-protesters. Police estimate 450 people, many of them high school students, waved signs of their own in support of LGBT folks.

The Kansas City Star has a cool photo gallery of the scene. Awesome. Encouraging.

I love the sign on guy held up: "I kissed a Phelp and I liked it!" ROFLMAO

hat tip: Google News

2 comments:

Pomoprophet said...

HA! My favorite is picture #8. I think Phelps and I may actually agree on something ;)

Selly said...

Pomo,

I will be saying a prayer for you tonight. :P

"He was in the world but the world did not know him, ..."
Just kidding here.