Friday, July 11, 2008

Wedding Memories

Oh my goodness. Where to begin? C and my special day was absolutely wonderful. The weather was perfect, the food was absolutely marvelous, but what made it so special was the people. I was overwhelmed by the friends and family who came from far and wide to join us for our wedding. Canada, California, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida, Texas, Kentucky, Iowa, Washington--people came from everywhere to celebrate with us!

We were moved to tears during our wedding ceremony and overjoyed at our reception.

But why tell you all about it myself? Here is what some of our friends had to say about the wedding:

My Big Fat Gay Wedding Recap by Pomoprophet
The Big Fat Gay Quaker Wedding (parts I, II, III, and IV) by Selly

and you can find the marvelous recipes created for our reception by our brilliant chef friends over at Razzie's Food for Thought. So far, Razzie has posted his recipes for the Spanish Gazpacho, the Island Coconut and Sweet Potato Stew, the Strawberry-Spinach Salad, and the Georgia Pulled Pork BBQ with Mustard-Vinegar Sauce we enjoyed at our reception. Not only was this food postively mouth-watering, but the presentation was stunning. I've never seen a more elegantly set table!

Oh my goodness. Such warm, wonderful memories! We're still waiting on some of the photos from our photographers.

And we're still waiting to leave on our honeymoon. C and I decided to postpone honeymoon plans until after my defense. We leave on July 23rd for Seattle and Glacier National Park!

4 comments:

betut ne leel said...

very educative read

Newscrazy said...

My favorite Gay Quaker wedding ever! Seriously beautiful!

Desaray said...

when i tried to read a big fat gay quaker weddings arts onetwothreefour, i couldnt without being invited. Id love to be invited as im hoping to have a big fat gay quaker wedding in a little under nine months. Help a sister out!

Selly said...

Desaray,

I have reopened my blog to the public.

The irony here is that you have a restricted profile too. Maybe some day I will blog about why some people need to restrict access to their blogs.