Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Sorry for the hiatus, dear readers (all 3 of you!). Things have been busy here with the end of the semester and a surge of wedding planning. I can't believe I'm going to be married in just one month! I'm so excited. In just 30 days I will marry the most wonderful guy in the world :-)

I'm also flipping out because a ton of my closest friends from my years in ex-gay ministry are coming. Friends are traveling ridiculous distances from California, Texas, New York, Florida, Maryland, and even Ontario and British Columbia! I'm so honored. And I'm looking forward to a sweet reunion with those guys.

Things continue to be busy for me. I've taught the last class of my graduate career and now I'm working on finishing my dissertation. Looks like I'll be defending on July 10th! I can't tell you how good it feels to have the finish line in sight.

I've missed a number of interesting issues that I've wanted to blog about in the past two weeks. But the California Supreme Court's upcoming decision on gay marriage (tomorrow morning) is just too big a deal to pass up. So here I am: back in the saddle.

Good to be back,

Joe

3 comments:

seithman said...

Best of luck with all the planning and the big event itself. Of course, with all the chaos, have either of you jokingly suggested eloping instead? ;) (I understand it's a very common occurence.)

-- Jarred.

D.J. Free! said...

about friggin' time you came back! welcome home, friend :)

TweetyJill said...

Ditto to d.j.

What am I supposed to do in lab? Work?