Thursday, March 27, 2008

Paul Cameron's Latest Work

So I happen to be on the mailing list for discredited researcher Paul Cameron, who operates an organization called the Family Research Institute. I just happen to be on his mailing list. Thought I'd share with you a request for donations that he mailed me this month.
This Month's Special: Report on Child Molestation by the HIV-Infected

What does getting a fatal infection 'do' to one? No, not the physical part--we know that HIV eventually kills. How about psychologically? We know homosexuals are more apt to molest kids, but are male homosexuals who get infected with HIV even more apt to go out and molest kids? (emphasis Cameron's)

HIV-infected gays don't just cost society $40,000/year for their medicines and treatment. They are also more apt to prey on the young. And being sexually molested often ruins a boy's life.

Examine the facts for yourself. Donate $25 or more and receive a copy of this fascinating new report from FRI. Get yours today!

My thoughts:

  1. Of course this is bogus, as is all of Cameron's "research" on homosexuality. What is most troubling to me is that there probably are people who pay him money, get his junk science, and believe it.
  2. Is this really a "new" report from Cameron? After all, the last time I received a letter from him (two months ago), he was selling a very similarly titled "latest publication", Do Those Who Engage In Homosexual Sex More Frequently Rape and Murder the Underage? The title sounds rather similar (and equally disgusting) to me.
hat tip: Paul Cameron himself

4 comments:

seithman said...

We know homosexuals are more apt to molest kids...

We do?

...but are male homosexuals who get infected with HIV even more apt to go out and molest kids?

Nothing like asking a question you already claim to know the answer to.

Examine the facts for yourself. Donate $25 or more and receive a copy of this fascinating new report from FRI.

I hope I'm not the only one who finds the juxtaposition of those two sentences bizarre. The fact that one has to buy a copy -- erm, sorry, make a minimum donation in order to receive a "free" copy of this all important research is disgusting. Or at least that's my take on it.

Joe Moderate said...

I heartily agree, Seithman. This whole thing is disgusting.

It's such chicanery that this guy tries to pass of stuff like this as "scientific research."

What bothers me most is the knowledge that some people--probably not too many these days, but some nonetheless--are still listening to this. Listening and being deceived.

TweetyJill said...

Seithman beat me to it but I will say it again
"We know homosexuals are more apt to molest kids..."???

and

"are male homosexuals who get infected with HIV even more apt to go out and molest kids?"

If I sent of $25, will that qualify for a tax deduction? Because I will admit it, I am intrigued. I really want to read this "fascinating new report from FRI."

Brandon said...

What a load of crap.