Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Tuesday Eve

On this Eve of Super Tuesday, NPR has released a poll with uncanny results. It seems the poll results reflect almost exactly my thoughts on the candidates. How so?

Asked whether they would vote for a nameless Democratic candidate versus a nameless Republican candidate, the average American said they would vote for a Democrat.

BUT once you start specifying names, things changed a bit. Especially if the Republican's name is John McCain.

  • Hillary vs. Romney? The average American chose Hillary.
  • Obama vs. Romney? The average American chose Obama.
  • Hillary vs. McCain? The average American chose McCain.
  • Obama vs. McCain? The average American chose McCain... but just barely (by a margin of 1%).

Actually, given a choice between Obama and McCain, I think I might choose Obama, but it would be a just barely decision. I'm stunned that, perhaps for the first and only time in my life, the American public agrees with me on something. Weird!

I will vote in the Illinois primary first thing tomorrow morning; I'm rather excited about casting my ballot.

Hat tip: NPR

Also, check out my friend Burke's picks for the primaries. His state, California, also votes tomorrow.

No comments: