Exodus international, the Evangelical Christian umbrella organization for a variety of "ex-gay" ministries and therapists, plans to grow its network of member churches from the present modest 70 to 10,000 by the year 2010. What must a church do to be saved, ahem, become an Exodus member?
- The Church must express agreement with Exodus’ doctrinal and policy statements.
- The Church must designate a contact person for this area of ministry, and that contact person and anyone else in the leadership of this ministry must be free from immoral sexual behavior for a minimum of three years.
- The Church must have a governing body in place.
- Exodus strongly recommends that a representative of the Church attend the annual Exodus conference at least once every three years.
- Payment of an optional $50.00 annual membership fee.