Sunday, October 28, 2007

Personal Promise Bible


Introducing the latest translation of the Bible: the You Standard Version. No, just kidding. Almost.

The Personal Promise Bible substitutes your first name (and gender) in over 5,000 locations in the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs so that "you can experience the reality of God's love and promises in a way you never thought possible."

I tried it out. Here are some of the online samples of how my Personal Promise Bible would read.
John 15:5 Joe is a part of the true vine, and a channel of Christ's life.
I am the vine. Joe is a branch. If Joe remains in Me, and I in him, he will bear much fruit, for apart from Me, Joe can do nothing.

Eph. 1:5-6 Joe has been adopted by God as His son.
Having predestined Joe for adoption as a son through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His desire, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He freely bestowed favor on Joe in the Beloved.
Hat tip: ad on AFA's website

1 comment:

TweetyJill said...

Wow. Now I know what I want for my next birthday present from you Joe. :-)